Thread: Omni Air
View Single Post
Old 11-21-2021, 11:39 PM
ObadiahDogberry
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2020

Originally Posted by Cujo665 View Post
A lot to unpack there.

I do agree that them bringing Ford & Harrison labor consulting (union busters) in to do our negotiations is a clear signal that they intend to fight, not negotiate. Omni had continued using the same lawyer we always had; then boom... he's out and F&H is in. That's all ATSG, not Omni management.

They are actively out marketing themselves in ways they haven't really done before. It has resulted in several new contracts already. They spent a ton of time and money adding "TSA pre" capability to our ticketing, and installing a lay flat first class comparable to any legacy carriers. They are also aggressively marketing cargo services, which we really don't do other than the in-seat cargo, so there could be some growth opportunity planned there.

One thing is for sure; them trying to get us to waive pilot home basing as a concession for the creation of a new "domicile" to maybe fly A330's is a carrot they are shopping around at the other two ATSG carriers as well. I saw on the message boards that either ATI or ABX is currently being teased with A330's. Ford & Harrison are experts at the Whipsaw game.

They just had one of their most profitable quarters ever in spite of all the doom and gloomers predicting Omni was deep in the red. Truth was very much the opposite.

I hope they find a path forward for the 20% that are declining the mandated unapproved drugs. Some federal appeals courts are already finding the Biden mandate illegal, and OSHA has already suspended enforcement action for non-compliance.

It's still a very good company to work at.
Well knowing they have brought in F&H may be enough for me to say "thanks, but no thanks" to the class date. Any airline management that brings in that POS firm is clearly interested in having a hostile relationship with its employees. Right now the market is very much in favor of pilots, and as nice as Omni might have been, there are a ton of other jobs out there where you don't have to deal with hostile management.