Thread: FAA inspector thread

Meatphish , 12-09-2021 06:59 AM
On Reserve
Meatphish
On Reserve
close
  • Joined APC
    Apr 2013
I posted this two weeks ago in the hiring news section, wasn’t getting any bites. Thought I’d post in here. Thanks…

Hey everyone, looking to get some general info about the inspection pilot job opening that is currently out. Im currently ATC, at a level 12 center about half way through my training, it’s going well but Im not sure it’s really something I want to do long term. The summers can be incredibly draining and many 6 day mandatory work weeks is not ideal. I was was a pilot for nearly ten years before doing this and I really thought ATC was a good option. I have a good friend who currently works FLC and enjoys the work. I have two young kids and I want to know what to expect as far as how many days I can expect to be away from home, how morale is, and if the job gives you a good sense of satisfaction. Most of my time is 135, with a small amount of 121. I was told most holidays off and weekends. How much work from home is involved? Are you required to be at your physical station every day when you’re not on a trip? Those who have families do you feel the job leaves a good balance of work and home life?
Any comments are welcome, just want to get some more info, thanks!