View Single Post
Old 12-10-2021, 06:15 AM
Noworkallplay
Banned

Joined APC: Jun 2018

Originally Posted by Commuter56 View Post
It may be in the email now but it certainly wasn't when I got hired. It would make sense as long as you ignore the contract definition of "Crew Position" and instead substitute the word "Category". But once again, I'm tired of arguing about NHJAC, I was at it for a while last year. Just trying to get the word out to new hires that unless you pick 75 last you will not get NHJAC.
Not trying to argue but give factual information. This is the contract language: "If, through the application of Section 24.F.6.c. a junior pilot is activated into a higher paying crew position for which a senior pilot(s) did not have the opportunity to bid, the eligible senior pilot(s) shall be eligible for New Hire Junior Activation Compensation." When you bid a NB crew position prior to all WB crew positions then you "did have the opportunity to bid" but choose not to and instead choose NB above other WB crew positions. Now if NB was your last then you did try to hold all WB crew position and got passed over and now fit into the language above. Just trying to provide actual contract language and not internet opinion based on nothing. I hope this adds some clarity to the discussion based upon actual language.

Crew Position: A specific crew seat, in a specific aircraft type, at a specific domicile (e.g., Captain MD-11 MEM; First Officer A-300 MEM).