Thread: Omni Air
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2021, 12:53 AM
RezRunner
Line Holder

Joined APC: Apr 2014

Originally Posted by sushka757 View Post
I’ve been reading over several pages of this thread dating back to 2016. I imagine things are a little different.

Can anyone who has gone through training recently give me a timeframe of what to expect, as well as:

Is the systems test still day 1?
Do we provide our own airfare?
How much per diem could one expect on top of the $500/week pay?
Are washout rates still as high as they were back in 2016-2018 according to what I have read?
Part 121 is new for me, how exactly is the type ride accomplished? Oral one day, then maneuvers, then loft?

Does anyone know what aircraft need to be filled in the March class by chance?
Thanks a lot for sharing any information!
EIR10 already gave some good answers. I'll just throw some more in.

Systems test like a written? I don't even remember that but I feel like we did something towards the end of systems ground. You will however be expected to have a pretty solid grasp on things when you show up. The CBT's will be assigned before heading to Dallas and you're expected to have them all complete upon arrival. Again I don't remember but I bet its like 60+ hours worth of CBT courses.

Yes you get yourself to DFW or Tulsa for the interview. Company takes it from there.

Washout rates are not 50%. Maybe subjective from class to class. These days it seems like if you put in a good effort you will do just fine. Study and at least look like you really want it. The only ones I've seen let go are bad attitudes and know it all's or just simply a55holes.

Oral is after FBS training. Which is after ground school and indoc. Then progress on to full flight. After those sessions, I forget how many sessions, I think 6 or 8? (Someone else on here knows) Then the check ride. Then LOFT's and such.

We need pilots for both fleets. A lot of pilots with one foot out the door.