View Single Post
Old 12-11-2021, 08:18 AM
leftondelta
Line Holder

Joined APC: Feb 2019

Originally Posted by VanDriver View Post
Sorry to hear that. I have had this happen as you describe once in Seattle about a year ago, but it was wrong and should not happen that way. I wonder if at some point in the past they received incorrect training or something. Is it a specific station or gate agent that is telling you this? Recently I have not had any issues with it. If this happens to you again please report it to the union. You can simply email them via the exco, stewards, or jumpseat email. It’s totally unacceptable for the gate agent to tell you this and their manual is very clear on the correct way to do it: they create a second X1 listing for you.
Thanks.

It happened 3-4 times this summer (always in SEA, but different agents). I just started dropping the W5 listing on my own as I was watching loads increase and just list as X1 and request the JS when it started to become obvious there weren't any seats in back. Only denied a JS once (when CLP was playing tankering games). Haven't run into it since. I'll just continue to list as W5 and if I run into the problem again, I'll e-mail the union.