View Single Post
Old 12-13-2021, 04:54 PM
hawkerpilot05
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2015

One thing to consider about our benefits at NetJets is we are lacking in LOM and LTD in my opinion . NetJets does not offer a LOM plan. The union does and it is a term contract. Currently I pay $335/month for $100,000 a year but it is tax free. However, it could end at the end of the contract and that money you paid in wouldn't matter anymore. However, the union does not see that happening but it is no guarantee. The other issue is our disability pays out at 60% but when you go out on long term after 6 months, it is capped at $60,000 a year until the end of year 3 when you are terminated. If you have the union Harvey Watt LOM, then that kicks in. With a plan like Delta, you make 50% of the highest 12 months in a 3 year period. That would be for me $110,000 a year until I turn 65. I advise looking into a supplemental plan for our LTD to see how much that would cost monthly and add that the LOM and you will see we do pay quite a month for these benefits that a Legacy carrier doesn't. This helps offset the monthly premium a Legacy carrier has to pay and makes them very close. Now, if you don't value LOM and LTD, then this is a moot point. But remember, on average 60% of all airline pilots will lose their medical from 60-65 according to a very bright FO in our Phenom that wrote his master thesis on the aging 135 pilot population.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk