Old 12-14-2021, 07:14 AM
TonyC
Organizational Learning 

Joined APC: Nov 2005
Position: Directly behind the combiner

Originally Posted by WearyEyed View Post

The union has said clearly that their goal is to improve the retirement plan for ALL pilots. They aren’t saying what their plan is because they’ve also said that all options are on the table. They want to improve it by whatever means the company will improve it. If that’s improve the A plan then that’s what they’ll do. If it’s the PSPP that management agrees to then that’s what they’ll do. If it’s cash over cap, then that’s what they’ll do. They aren’t giving the members the formula because the goal is to improve the plan by any means possible. So far I don’t think they have exhausted all options 6 months into negotiations. They made a proposal which sounds like max IRS limit A plan to me and management countered with liquidating the A plan and adjusting the B plan. The two sides couldn’t be any further apart. The back and forth will continue and the NC will try to get us some improvements. Let’s wait and see what else is said publicly from the union as we progress in negotiation’s.

Everyone on here is arguing back and forth about hypotheticals and unknowns and doesn’t seem that most are reading union updates or listening to podcasts or pub calls. Let the NC do their job. I expect we will get more communication from the union if the vast gap in the two positions isn’t able to be closed. If and when we get a TA, read it and vote.

Can you refer me to the "union update" or podcast or pub call that gave you that impression? I'll bet my next paycheck our Negotiating Committee did NOT ask for the "max IRS limit A plan,"
and I've not read nor heard anything that remotely resembles that. When they do, I will be their biggest cheerleader.

To be pedantic, we could in fact be further apart if we DID indeed ask for the IRS maximum. Also, we should not be satisfied with "some improvements." A 40% "A" Plan would constitute "some" improvements, but would fall far, far short of anything we should accept.