Old 12-17-2021, 02:13 PM
dckozak
done, gone skiing

Joined APC: May 2005
Position: Rocking chair

Originally Posted by Tuck View Post
Seriously? I believe it's dimensional - as in multi dimensions. It's means it is. There is no apostrophe in the possessive of its. You give the Company way too much credit - talk to anyone that has worked opposite them at the desk and you will discover that they are the least qualified at that table - they bring the least amount of knowledge and skill. Now we have a lot of reasons where we might fail - chiefly a system that has 15 reps and 3 officer and a NC Chairman that are all trying to sort of agree and that's tough...for anyone. We never seem to let an error go by so I'm not hopeful but it's not because the Company is playing chess. Please.
Tuck, I don't know how long you've been at Fedex, I see you've been on these boards almost as long as me. ALPA 1, FPA, ALPA 2, lost count of the number of times I have voted to unionize, contracts 1 thru, where we are now. A lot of years, a lot of disappointments. You seem to chalk all this up to bad leadership and disfuctional management of the union, with a strong case of bad intentions of some who serve. I say almost to a man/woman, those who has served on behalf of the Fedex pilots, not one wants to fail at improving the T&C of this pilot group. Dismissing my point that we as unionized pilots, pilots at Fedex in particular, and just Joe paycheck employees, we have much greater headwinds, many of our own (individually making) than at any time in history. Wishing, no demanding that we improve the A plan of our retirement does not in its self assure it will happen. Retirement plans nationwide, outside of military and public service, have been decimated, as in the historical annuity type pension, payments till you die. Unionization nationwide is at an all time low, and certain powers would continue to press to make all labor free of restrictions, federal, state or via a contract. To point out the obvious, Fedex pilots are the only unionized group, at least in the USA, this gives an even great incentive to the company to ensure that we, the black sheep of Fedex employees, do not win at the table what the company can (convince) the rest of the non union team, we could have had without a collectively bargained agreement.

Do not construe this to mean I think Fedex pilots should rollover to the company, far from it. I do think, pilots on this board setting a bar that only improving the limit to the high 5 calculation for determining the A plan pay out, have and are putting the union in a possibly no win position for real improvement. As I said in my previous post, the company would be very happy leaving the A plan as it is. We "Won" that right on the last contract. If you can offer solutions the would get the company to agree to improving the high 5, please share with the union leadership. My guess is this has been bannered about forever. Unity will be the greater part of the solution, but we are at the mercy of the independent contractor mindset, and the laws and courts that have bent heavily towards industry at the expense of labor.