Old 12-18-2021, 03:36 PM
Drum
Banned

Joined APC: Sep 2015
Position: 3+ hour sit in the ATL

Originally Posted by rickair7777 View Post
That might matter IF an employer specified that you get an EUA vaccine. But as far as I know, no employer says that you MUST get a vaccine, but it MUST NOT be pfizer.

So EUA is OBE.

Gov mandates provide POLITICAL top cover for sure, in that managers can deflect the blame, hate, and discontent and not be seen as the bad guy.

But liability protections are already baked into the system, very much so for fully approved vaccines.

Possibly, if an employer mandated a not-fully-approved vaccines (mfgs are protected even for EUA, due to PREP act).

But you'd also have to show that you actually got harmed.

That's a beyond ludicrous statement. Much as you may want to BELIEVE, the covid vaccines (in the US) are pretty clearly well within the normal tolerances for vaccine safety.

Tobacco OTH has obvious health ramifications for a large majority of chronic users. And it;s addictive.

Asbestos was actually blown out of proportion... it's slightly hazardous for sustained occupation exposure, but the REAL risk from asbestos comes from a COMBINATION of occupational exposure AND smoking. Of course 50+ years ago, most people smoked (blue collar workers even more so).
To all this I will simply refer to Sen Ron Johnson's August letter to Dr Woodcock. Of particular I would like to point out his question 2:

2) How are the Comirnaty and Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccines “legally distinct” and what
are the “certain differences”?

To date Dr Woodcock, or anyone else at the FDA, has answered this question. Wonder why.

So no Rick; EUA is not OBE. It is very much legally in play. Any person of intellect would get this.

If you are part of the mandating of the EUA (which is what's been pumped out to people to date in the USA) I hope you are searching for a good attorney.

OBE = Overcome By Events
A military acronym and part of the lexicon of the services