View Single Post
Old 12-19-2021, 03:15 AM
ZebraSpots
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2021

Originally Posted by GeeWizDriver View Post
Problem is, they won't enter service until 2025 and all our current Gs will be long gone to points west by then and we will have chased off our remaining Gulfstream loyalists.

A few months ago, I was optimistic. Then came the Amber announcement. I doubt we'll ever see the 400 now.
At least we have a place to flush “gently used” airframes in a way that won’t impact domestic flying. China is a great place to send them to drum up GLC business and crossings to Asia on our 7500, 6500, 6000s.

I think a G product would work well in our fleet offerings… if Gulfstream wants what NetJets is offering back in return. If it’s simply prove that’s an issue, I think we need to buy what the Owners want and mark it up as we need. If Gulfstream continues to think we lower their worldwide maintenance reliability numbers because we fly them harder than any other operator out there… we’ll, that’s a separate issue.

Some OEMs are just better at selling and dealing with small flight departments. Decent products and small visions. NetJets flirted with that concept once. I’m glad we got over it. It’s a big world and we now have big visions to go with it.

OEM partners that share that vision are needed, however.