View Single Post
Old 12-24-2021, 09:32 AM
jaxsurf
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2018

Thanks to the mods for clearing up the other thread, my intent was not to derail the thread; quite the opposite. Since this is it's own thread, the last thing I'll say on the matter is this.

It's great that people get to hang out with their families on long call days and do mostly the same stuff they would do on a true ("contractual" ) day off. But is it really useful to everyone else looking in that doesn't work at your company and who is not at your base, on your equipment, at your seniority level? It's disingenuous at best, and lying at worst. When people ask questions you have to dance around and qualify things, because you're introducing your own special definition of something. It already caused confusion between two people who work at the same company and are at the same seniority. Is it really worth it? It's not useful for the rest of us in the context of that thread. So, while not being used on long call is great, calling it a day off muddies the waters and prevents people from truly understanding the differences between the pay scales and contracts at various companies and how people end up with their year end compensation. I don't think that benefits anyone, but that's just me.

Anyway, I'm out.