Thread: RPA or EDV?
View Single Post
Old 12-25-2021, 12:50 PM
Casualinterest
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2017

Originally Posted by Captainfit View Post
I received a CJO from Republic recently, but I still am thinking about applying to EDV. I like that EDV has a path to Delta, and Ultimately being ATL based would be best for me long term. However, I live very close to the SDF Republic crew base currently and I will likely live here for the next 3 years. I am about 90 minutes from CVG, and It seems like I could commute to ATL from SDF. Main questions are how is the life at EDV compared to some of your RPA friends? How are the trips, training, realistic flow times, and upgrade times? Thanks in advance!
CVG is very junior with us and it's very very small. You would fly with the same people all the time. Which I kinda think is cool. Some don't. They have said several times that CVG isn't going anywhere anytime soon. But I still just don't know. I think it'll be around another couple years to justify the investment. But if the flying doesn't come back to CVG I just don't see how they can keep it open forever. A TON of people here and leaving before the flow, so you can come here with that flow in your back pocket and still go elsewhere if you can. Rpa does do longer legs and they have a duty rig. So their schedules are probably better than ours. No telling when or if it'll get better here. Our current schedules still seem to be the result of covid changing the landscape and us doing much shorter legs spread further apart.

Between the two, pick which one works best for where you want to live and commute from. Our compensation tables are pretty similar.