View Single Post
Old 01-14-2022, 10:31 AM
AirBear
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2017
Position: Retired NJA & AA

For quality of life and not commuting it's hard to beat NetJets. AFAIK only some cargo carriers offer home basing along with a few of the Fractionals. I won't speak to the pay since I've been gone for 4 years but the vacation is very good. After 10 years and assuming the 7-7 schedule you get 21 days off in a row 4 times per year. Almost a part-time job. When I was looking at 7-7 lines it seemed most of them worked half the holidays so you can plug that into your spreadsheet. Another vacation consideration is hotel and airline rewards. My wife and I spent a week in Hawaii with 1st Class Airline CLT-HNL and hotel completely covered by rewards. We just paid for rental car, food, and activities.

Originally Posted by Bulldog08 View Post
Hey guys. Part 91 guy here. I’m a long time lurker to these threads and I’m trying to decide if NetJets would be a good career move for me. It appears it would be a pretty big pay cut for me at first, but long term vacation, retirement, and schedule is what allures me. Since pay seems to be such a wide spectrum, could I get a someone to help review a spreadsheet I’ve created for pay on the 7/7 schedule? I’ve tried to attach a copy/screenshot here but I can’t seem to make it happen.

P.S. Before the “go to a major” guys come out, I live in an area that would be a nightmare commute and don’t really want to move.