Gets Weekends Off
av8or
Gets Weekends Off
close
  • Joined APC
    Nov 2006
  • Position
    This side of the dirt.
Quote: because that’s the way the pilot market is at THIS POINT IN TIME. Things change and evolve. Sure people are leaving now. They’re only leaving because they can. Post 9-11 new hire classes had furloughed pilots from every airline. Most stayed as recall took years. Believe me, in March of 2002, thousands of established pilots would have given the right arm to work here. The longer you’re in this business, the more sense this will make.
😂😂😂 Yeah, your assumptions about how long I, and many others part of this pilot group have “been in this business” are telling.

We’re aren’t negotiating in post 9/11 2002. We aren’t even negotiating in 2008-2012. We are negotiating during the biggest pilot shortage since the 60’s. If you can’t put a market rate contract together in THIS market, then you literally NEVER will. Ever…. As in ever ever. But, I get that it might cost senior guys more in the short term. Always does. And I get that you probably would just as soon not make any sacrifice other than vote “no”. Thankfully, even in our senior ranks, you are outnumbered, so, if the rest of us are unified, we’ll do it without you.