View Single Post
Old 01-17-2022, 07:08 PM
Anderair
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jun 2018

I have always heard that the pay potential at FedEx was superior to that of the pax carriers. It seems pretty straightforward looking at the pay scales available on APC. However, using Delta as an example, you may not be unable to upgrade to WB Captain for a long time but a NB CA can expect to pull in $290,000ish. With the profit sharing I would guess you are pulling in around $315,000. I'm guessing 10% yearly profit sharing is average (Covid years aside). Is $315,000 that far off what a FedEx WB CA would make if he just flew his line like the hypothetical Delta NB CA? I realize that being on a WB pay scale from day one is an advantage for career gains. It just seems to me that legacy FO and CA pay plus profit sharing isn't that far off of the pay rates I see on APC for FedEx. Forgive me if I am overlooking something obvious, simply trying to wrap my head around where the massive cash flows I hear about from FedEx guys is coming from. Is it all coming from picking up premium pay and the like?