View Single Post
Old 01-19-2022, 07:01 AM
Duffman
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2018

Originally Posted by rswitz View Post
I'll take the job for $350k annually plus full benefits covered by the company. 6 weeks PTO and a company provided 2022 model BMW 760Li WITH the sterling silver trim.

Also, all NY state taxes will be covered by the company. Can you guys make that happen?

No kidding. With those minimums, they're competing with the legacies, in their junior domiciles nonetheless, so they better be ready to cough up $350k/yr to be taken seriously. Even then, at 3500 hours, a pilot is looking to make their move to a career-destination airline. Going to a small operation that may fold overnight in 15 years, leaving you to start over at the bottom of a seniority list somewhere else is a massive gamble, and the pay would have to reflect that risk. The fact they're not flaunting that paycheck makes me suspect they're out of touch and want to lowball. I'd also be concerned they might be really naive about the current environment and suffer sticker-shock at the going rates for pilots. Best to just walk away until they figure it out on their own.

Now, if they were looking for 500 hour CPLs to be SICs, get their ATPs at 1500 (company paid), then upgrade to CAs until they get a call from Delta, then that's a more appropriate hiring strategy.