View Single Post
Old 01-20-2022, 05:51 AM
chihuahua
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2021

Originally Posted by Au1pilot8 View Post
Attrition level is high and we lost our most commutable base on the 190 and dont have the commuter stipend anymore
Yeah, for sure. I posted this over a week ago, because of my interest in eventually applying here and making it to TPA if attrition was high. Obviously now, that's all a moot point since the E-Jet base in TPA is gone, and while I do have 121 time, I don't have the time they want for the A220. It sounds like sooner or later they'll have to improve things pay and base and commuting wise because while people may want to take a chance on a start up, if it has a base they really want and can jump on the seniority train early, it's a problem when you close that base that so many people came to the airline for. Hopefully they get their act together sooner rather than later.

Beyond that, in the start-up world, Avelo is still offering an $1800/month commuting stipend and now a bonus. It could well be some sort of gimmick since the announcement just came out today, but it shows they at least acknowledge they have to do something to stay competitive.