View Single Post
Old 01-20-2022, 06:46 AM
Gr8honeybadger
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jan 2022

Originally Posted by FlyingDad65 View Post
Just kidding about the free app. Yeah, I’ve got them in everywhere. I honestly think AA would be a bit of “out of the frying pan and into the fire,” and I’m also not sure if their upgrade times have come down. UAL became more attractive due to the upgrade times. For those of us with sub 10 years til retirement, ULCC made the most $$ sense until the recent change to upgrades at UAL. I’ve also been spoiled and won’t commute. Thankfully I have that option not to and I realize that not everyone is so lucky. Best to all though.
AA is retiring 50% of their pilots in the next 7 years. New projections are NB CA 3 years, WB FO 5 years, WB CA 10 years. - This is what they are currently briefing their new hire classes as of this past week. Hold any base in network w/in 6-9 months if hired in the next 6 months or so. 2K pilots being hired this year, 2K next, then re-assess. Union currently meeting 5 days a week for the next month to negotiate interim 2 year pay raise and schedule improvements. Estimated 30% pay increase to most of the scale. Looking to get year 1 pay to 117-120 ish.

Financially AA isn't in as bad a position as most think. They have completed fleet replacement and retired all their aging fleet.