View Single Post
Old 01-20-2022, 10:54 AM
Texasbound
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2019

Originally Posted by Andy View Post
I've got to work on my sarcasm; it was a bit too subtle.

Looking at this operation, I have to wonder how long it will take to run out of the $200M in capital they raised for this experiment of an airline. Or will the investors just pull their remaining investment like what happened at Skybus? Breeze is sounding more shaky with each passing day; the moment I saw their route structure, I gave them near zero chance of survival.
What what what? But this is Neeleman!! He started jet blue. He is going to turn the airline model on its head!

How many months did we see article after article about how they were going into underserved secondary airports with no completion? First flight, TPA-CHS and it went on to be even more underwhelming from there. Pople still won't stop speculating about the West Coast base.... Oh, the A200 will fly in the second quarter... yeah, looking like the last day of the quarter.

Neeleman is a publicity hound. Hopes he can ride the wave of free press up the hill and get over before it crashes. We will see.

Avelo was first to up pilot pay. Well, first year pilot pay.

What hasn't failed at this airline that was supposed to be revolutionary?
1. Hiring FAs to work for nothing while going to online college and living in a compound. (FAIL)
2. Flying exclusively out of secondary airports (Fail)
3. Being a decent employer. (Fail)
  • One question is whether Breeze will expand to larger markets — or consider connecting flights. Neeleman’s answer: Who knows? “We’ve got a hundred cities we’re looking it. We’re not in love with any [strategy] in particular other than making money.
  • Closing bases overnight.
  • That's not very nice!