Thread: Is This Place on the Verge of Imploding?

CrayonEater , 01-21-2022 07:46 AM
Line Holder
CrayonEater
Line Holder
close
  • Joined APC
    Nov 2021
Quote: Listen, I have no burning desire to crap on AA.

This forum has a propensity to become an echo chamber and when people are having major career decisions influenced by short term, emotional responses on here, I often feel the desire to offer a counter point.

A lot of or pilots are (understandably) mad at the company right now and the desire to jump ship is high. I get it. But you damn well better think a decision like that through.

Other airlines are hiring like crazy and the grass sure looks green over there, but its worth it to think about what could go wrong before you start over again at the bottom. I frequently find myself offering a counterpoint on this forum just to cut thru the echo. It usually makes people mad, but you should really be aware of a company in a deep financial hole before you jump in.
Although I don’t personally agree with a lot of things you say on here, I’m fully in agreement with the above. Examine all the facts as best you can before making a big decision. I say that and I’m leaving, but that might not be the best decision for everybody.