View Single Post
Old 01-25-2022, 08:22 AM
Tropical
Banned

Joined APC: Dec 2021

Originally Posted by MacMetal86 View Post
It's amazing once you get invited to interview you look through your application with a microscope. I had to make some date changes to non-aviation jobs (about 4 of them) because I was able to call the respective HR departments and get exact dates. I was mostly close, but I wanted to make sure everything was 100% as accurate as could be walking into the interview. I did have to add some junior college courses I took over the summer as well. All said and done, there's about 7 changes that are again mostly related to dates being precise (within a few days on most). I'm hoping these aren't considered "significant" changes and it doesn't derail the interview. Truthfully, I should've been more thorough when I first submitted the application as far as ensuring my dates were as accurate as possible. Has anyone run into this before and still received a CJO? Definitely don't want my focus getting off track because of these changes. I've heard when you walk into the interview the first thing they do is ask if the application is up to date and all changes have been made. Thanks for any advice on this!
The first half of the panel interview will be going over your application. They will pick out a couple of things and challenges you on them. The key is to not get defensive, but rather answer honestly and matter of factly. No matter how thorough you were, they'll find something. Maybe it's better to give them some low hanging fruit. I know quite a few pilots who got turned down, and the first question I ask them is how they handled the application confrontations. Most of them say they got irritated and defensive, but didn't even realize it until later because of the stress of the situation. Watch for that.