View Single Post
Old 03-10-2008, 05:52 AM
Adolphus Coors
Pog Ma Hoin

Joined APC: Aug 2007
Position: 7ER B

Originally Posted by BalloonChaser View Post
Coors,

If the "de-crab" method is defined as you say it is in your manual, then it is definitely a "different" definition than the "crab & kick" or the "crab method" as defined by the FAA that I was referring.

Here's the paragraph out of the FAA's Flight Training Handbook I was referencing - There are two usual methods of accomplishing a crosswind approach and landing—the crab method and the wing-low (sideslip) method. Although the crab method may be easier for the pilot to maintain during final approach, it requires a high degree of judgment and timing in removing the crab immediately prior to touchdown. The wing-low method is recommended in most cases, although a combination of both methods may be used. The "crab & kick" I was referring two IS the "crab method" sounds like you are referring to a "combination of both."

Anyway, I think we're actually trying to get to the same place. I do apologize for saying you were "missing the technique." I re-read that and that wasn't what I mean't (I was referring to the phraseology.) Anyway, so long as we're both aligned and tracking down the runway at touchdown and during rollout, I guess it really doesn't matter how we got there; end result's the same!
Yes, I agree....... I stated in my posts before that this is what my company and my fleet calls them. In my first several posts I had avoided calling each method by a name in fear that every pilot with his own name would start critiquing. As you can see that is what happened.

As you can see adlerdriver chimed in and didn't even read my original posts. He thinks he is adding to the discussion and proving me wrong when all he has done is waste my time and yours.