View Single Post
Old 02-26-2022, 01:22 PM
avi8orco
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2009

Originally Posted by nmillflyer View Post
What realistic expectations should I have coming to work here and being Florida based? I understand the majority or the airlines presence is out of the Northeast and all new hires likely spend first couple years there. Everything I’ve gathered is MCO 320 is small base and very senior, MCO 190 same story and likely disappearing sooner then later. FLL seems to be attainable in 2-3 years but to expect many years of junior reserve and 10plus years to upgrade.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated
You’ve pretty much got it figured out with your post.

Expect BOS or JFK, on whatever plane. The 190 is and stays junior of course, commuting to reserve blows so if you want a line faster, pick the jungle jet. The plane will thin out as they park them but it’s not going to go that fast. In 2 years you can leave it as by then a line will likely be there for you on one of the two busses.

I’d expect the MCO base to get untouchable soon by anyone with only a few years as I can see MCO 190 captains to slide over. Many of them can’t touch the left seat on the bus in MCO but don’t want to commute. The senior FOs on the 190 will slide in below them when they close it and displace.