View Single Post
Old 03-01-2022, 02:32 PM
BlockO
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jul 2021

Originally Posted by Peabody17 View Post
BlockO,

I can’t give you a life-on-the-road view for the Phenom, since that’s not my fleet. I can tell you that the training is excellent, and life on the road is better than at my last 135. We had lots of regional folks in my August class, and all seem happy with the pay/QOL compared to what they came from. Pay and retirement vs. a legacy tends to favor the legacy carrier (at least if you discount furloughs, etc that happen with greater frequency in the 121 world vs. NJ). Although you can fly longer at NJ, many find flying past 65 isn’t as glorious as they thought it would be when they were 45.

Only 2 meals are catered tax-free during each flying duty day, and you can get up to 4 with a small tax hit. You also receive per diem in addition to the catered meals. So it’s entirely your choice how you mix your catered meals vs.your per diem to feed yourself during the day, but it’s plenty.

The number of sims would depend on the fleet. I don’t hear of very many not qualifying on the Phenom (or any new-hire fleet), so it must be “enough”.

I hope this helps a bit. Good luck on your phone screen…
Thank you so much for taking the time to reply.