View Single Post
Old 03-11-2008, 01:45 PM
rickair7777
Prime Minister/Moderator

Joined APC: Jan 2006
Position: Engines Turn Or People Swim

Originally Posted by The Chow View Post
HMMMM not sure that is correct. Yes we can list for non-rev and get a seat in the back. But if you approach the gate agent and ask for the jump seat, regardless of where you sit.....if your boarding card says jump seat request you had better check in with the captain.

FWIW
If the boat is pretty full, I ask for the gate for jumpseat. They usually find me a seat before I board, but because I was listed as a JSer, the CA is expecting one so I go check in with him anyway.

If I'm in pure non-rev status I usually don't bother, mainly to stay out of the way.

If you are in a JS status, or even had the conversation with the CSR, best to say hi to the CA to avoid misunderstandings.

We had a gojetter get on in ORD (badge turned around and everything), didn't even pause at the cockpit, just went back to his seat. We were annoyed that we were taking him, but he has nonrev on UAL/UAX so there was nothing we could do... until the CSR brought in the paperwork showing him as a JS'er A JSer who didn't check in...off the plane he went! It made my day actually.