Thread: Union Dues
View Single Post
Old 03-18-2022, 07:55 AM
HeavyD
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2019

Originally Posted by jtf560 View Post
Term limits in NJASAP? Union leadership gets unequivocally high regard on every union sentiment question. You are in the 1 or 2% if you think that is an important thing for our current union leadership.

The 2020 contract was guaranteed improvements now for a 3 year contract extention to what had been already extended in 2018. We got a lot of money in improvements for 3 more years.

FDP starts 2.1 hours earlier per tour AND each hour is worth $30 more.

There are lots of other things (beyond the signing bonus) that haven't changed in the last 20 years. I would like lots of other improvements that we haven't seen in this time. That said, the pilots are regularly asked what is most important to them and they regularly prioritize pay over smaller, though important, contractual points. We have grabbed what we could easily get in exchange for relatively small gives in 2018 and 2020 and I have no problems continuing on this path as long as we have reasonable relations with management.
I think the last eight months of VED's have demonstrated we left a lot on the negotiating table.