View Single Post
Old 03-12-2008, 03:03 PM
evh347
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2007
Position: CRJ900/FO

Had a jumpseater on my last day of IOE and we were overweight because of him. We went back to the gate and got ballast (a time consuming process since the ramp didn't have enough initially until they borrowed some from another airline). Throughout the flight, the jumpseater who was clearly familiar with our airplane talked with me and the captain about all sorts of topics (sterile cockpit respected of course).

Even when I F-'d up the passenger brief by informing the passengers that we were 35 minutes from landing (and we were more like 1 hour and 20 minutes from landing) he remained mute on my error. I respect him for doing so, maybe he did it 'cause I told him I was brand new.

Every situation is different. I'd listen to the advice given throughout this thread. Don't always assume the guy is a jerk. Take a look at yourself and initiate a conversation if it's that important to you. It's impossible to sit and reflect on all the factors that may have contributed to the J/S not talking to you. Kind of a waste of time in my book. I've met lots of people that don't like me, and in my more recent years....I don't give it a second thought. I doubt it has anything to do with the fact that you're an FO....realize that sometimes people just have crummy days.