View Single Post
Old 05-17-2006, 06:36 PM
turbomax97
Line Holder

Joined APC: May 2006
Position: Skywest poolie

Originally Posted by SkyHigh
The future is a mystery to us. Fate loves to mess with the best laid plans. If this is a casual interest or even if it is a strong one you need to understand that there will be a huge price to your lifestyle. Lately there has been some talk about the end of the regional good times. It is quite possible that you could get stuck as a CFI for years. Back in the early 90's it was common to sit as a CFI for 3-5 years before a 135 or regional gig came up. Those payments shoot down your dream real fast.

SkyHigh

What do you mean by stuck as a CFI for years? I'll be finished with all my ratings to fly commercial by december... Are you saying that there's a prospect that the regionals won't hire?

I'm pretty optimistic about getting a regional job... ATP's strong ties with XpressJet and a few other regionals should make it within grasping distance.....

Believe it or not, I really don't have SJS, I just don't want to be stuck as a CFI for more than a year or 2 tops. I wouldn't mind flying for the regionals, seeing as how i'm from DFW, there's not too much problem with commuting... Thanks for all the advice guys.