View Single Post
Old 04-19-2022, 04:39 PM
Precontact
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2006

Originally Posted by flyguy23 View Post
Not all lines are 14 off, some are 15 and quite a few are 16, which is what I’ve had every Pay period for years, but that doesn’t tell the tale. We have 13 28 day bid cycles compared to the calendar month bids at delta. If you take total days off over 13 bids vs 12 bids there, total number is pretty close and we may come out ahead depending on what you want to do here. Once you’re senior enough to hold commercial in commercial out trips, you can even more extra time at home.

Youll 100% work less, but it doesn’t always translate to more days home. I typically block less than half compared to my friends at the legacies, but the credit is similar with the rigs and we have 13 pay periods to their 12. I just simply don’t fly a lot even when at work. Someone on the 74 flying around the world would certainly tell a different story. What I’m saying just applies to myself and people who bid similar schedules. There are a lot of different options here when it comes to the type of flying you want to do.

The one constant is you’ll be flying under moonlight vs sunlight half or more of the time, but that’s not a secret.
It’s not all night flying as well. Plenty of day lines out there and newhires have been able to hold them within the first year on the 757 fleet. Lots of misconceptions about cargo, but it’s not all nights!