View Single Post
Old 04-21-2022, 10:59 AM
Andy
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2006
Position: guppy CA

I read a bit on the airport and IF Breeze is able to execute, the plan makes sense. IF.

Originally Posted by DontLookDown View Post
The terminal is a joke. Parking is terrible as well for aircraft. Limited jet bridges and a reliance on hard stand parking
The local govt has been trying to expand HPN since at least 2017, but has met resistance from those that live near the airport. The expansion includes a parking garage.
I don't know the current status of the proposed expansion; it sounded like it still needed environmental surveys/approval.
But yes, from reading passenger reviews, the commercial terminal sounds like a dump.

One hurdle is the airport's commercial passenger capacity limitation of 240 passengers per half hour and four gate positions. This is increased during peak holiday travel periods. That sounds like a problem when there is inclement weather; I don't know if the limit is based on scheduled or actual traffic.

If Breeze executes in HPN as poorly as they have elsewhere (based on the reviews and data I've read), I would expect most passengers to avoid Breeze's product at HPN. The passengers that they will be catering to are very demanding, as is the rest of NYC area passengers. I do not enjoy flying in and out of the NYC area.