View Single Post
Old 04-23-2022, 04:26 PM
Tpinks
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2014

Originally Posted by Popeye0537 View Post
Do you actually believe what you're saying?? 321XLR's.....lol, they haven't even figured out how to operate the 220's they have let alone something bigger. Oh and the wait for any A320 variant is locked up until at least 2027.
The 190's couldn't make money on their current routes that's why you see them start flying and a month or 2 later they pull out. Same thing is going to happen with this West coast flying, they cannot possibly make money flying these routes even with a full aircraft either way. I heard our break even factor at Spirit is around 70 pax on transcon routes.
The A220 will be flying next week on proving runs. I’m pretty sure we know how to fly it...

Do you realize the relationship DM has with Airbus? If he wants them, he will get them. While the line may be “locked” up, it typically never truly locked up. Production lists get shuffled quite frequently, Jetblue got A220’s earlier because we swapped slots with them on the production line. Manufactures have been known to also create or rather hold production slots in the near term for carriers who are ordering a new large fleet order. Anything is possible on that front. Just last month, Avianca ordered 88 A32xNeos with delivery starting in 2025, so your assertion is already flawed.

Your knowledge of the Breeze operation and the economics is also comical. You say Breeze wont make money, but comparing LAX-NYC (LGA for Spirit vs HPN for Breeze) on the same day, Breeze is charging 50 Dollars more for an economy ticket than Spirit is. The overall cost basis for Breeze is currently lower than Spirit’s, so I highly doubt we will struggle to make money on these routes. The Ejet side is doing just fine as well. Your acting like Spirit or _____Insert any airline here_____ hasn’t gone into a market and adjusted frequency or pulled out altogether.