View Single Post
Old 04-23-2022, 06:59 PM
David Puddy
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2015
Position: Left

Originally Posted by Popeye0537 View Post
Do you actually believe what you're saying?? 321XLR's.....lol, they haven't even figured out how to operate the 220's they have let alone something bigger. Oh and the wait for any A320 variant is locked up until at least 2027.
The 190's couldn't make money on their current routes that's why you see them start flying and a month or 2 later they pull out. Same thing is going to happen with this West coast flying, they cannot possibly make money flying these routes even with a full aircraft either way. I heard our break even factor at Spirit is around 70 pax on transcon routes.
I know exactly what I am saying. Dave would love to connect Breeze in the US with Azul in Brazil and if the A220 can’t cut it, he won’t flinch at looking for alternatives like leased A321 XLRs. I think he will be upset if Airbus can’t outfit his A220s with extra fuel tanks to provide better range and he would then look for alternatives. Who knows, maybe he could have Azul lease bigger airplanes to Breeze if he couldn’t source A321 XLRs from lessors.

It wouldn’t surprise me if Dave wanted to connect Florida with 10+ Brazilian cities also served by Azul. Long, thin and underserved routes work well in his new model.