View Single Post
Old 05-01-2022, 05:32 PM
todd1200
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2007

Originally Posted by RegionalRetread View Post
I’ll take your 1 off and raise you 39 - hundreds more against. Thinking that taking the first class is the end all, be all and will protect you from all things this industry will crap on you over, is very myopic. Just as many people who have been saved by jumping ASAP have been hurt, if not more, by jumping ASAP. No one knows until they’re sitting in the old folks home waiting on their tapioca pudding. Anyone that says otherwise is a snake oil salesman.
Whether or not you should change airlines is one question, but once the decision to switch has been made, delaying that switch makes zero mathematical sense. Putting aside the seniority implications (personally, I avoided getting furloughed by one class, but let's pretend that doesn't matter), just look at the pay differential. Every two weeks you delay the change, you're forgoing an additional pay check at the top of the pay scale at your future airline. Again, I'm not talking about whether or not you should leave in the first place, I'm talking about people that have done the analysis and decided that changing airlines makes the most sense for them. Every class date they miss costs way more than a few thousand dollars in lost earning potential.