View Single Post
Old 05-03-2022, 02:09 PM
Atlasvet
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2022
Position: Part time employee

Originally Posted by Elevation View Post
On a separate note, are you enjoying retirement? Are you still involved with us or have you moved on and started working at an airplane museum or something? If you don't fly anymore do you miss it? When you look back at things do you think it all pretty much worked out? With your career at Atlas over, do you have perspective today that you wish you had when you were 45 or 35? I'm asking in public, so if you don't want to go into a "Here's my big observation..." thing I get it. Still, you have experience. A lot of us would probably like to hear about it.
Fair questions,

I am very content with the way my career turned out. I enjoyed the majority of my years flying before, during and after Atlas. I flew a few years Part 135/91 after Atlas, but was happy to step away as it was fun but to hard and low pay.

When I look back in perspective I feel I made the best with the cards I was dealt. Atlas was a little short in the retirement regime, but through real estate, and other options I my family is just fine.

I am one of a couple dozen old guys that still receive pay from Atlas as a part timer, it. Is a good deal.