View Single Post
Old 05-06-2022, 03:06 PM
Andy
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2006
Position: guppy CA

So for Rickair and dualinput, I hinted at doing a quick Google search for more detailed information, but ... too hard?
https://toronto.ctvnews.ca/canadian-...says-1.5888810

Looks like about a dozen bags. Extremely low prrobability of being a bomb.

As for calling in sick, what's the crew desk going to do? Probably get you a hotel room there and fly in a new CA.

Now, what's your FOM say to do for a possible bomb? Likely to call local authorities and have the aircraft searched. Oops.

So, even if you were to try to escape by hopping on another airline flight out of there after calling in sick, what about the rest of the crew? They're going to be screwed.
Plus the aircraft will be impounded for a very long time.

And now if drugs are found on the plane and you split the country, who is going to be the most likely suspect? At that point, your concern will be whether or not the country where you left the jet and crew has an extradition treaty with the US, because you're going to look guilty AF. Like the B6 flight attendant/mule who left a big ol bag of coke at LAX security and ran away a few years ago.

Margaritaville explained the situation. But sure, go for the riskier option, because a dozen or so duffel bags is what a bomb might look like??

No, I'm much more comfortable flying the plane, passengers, and crew back to the US, shutting my mouth, and lawyering up. As opposed to possibly having an arrest warrant from the country I just fled hanging over my head and probably getting canned by my airline for abandoning the aircraft,, passengers, and crew. But sure, you do you.