View Single Post
Old 05-19-2006, 12:35 PM
BURflyer
Banned

Joined APC: Feb 2006

Originally Posted by bluffmaster
I heard from my friends that Delta Connection Academy suck interms of getting jobs to its graduates ???. is it true??

NO academy gets job for its graduates, what gave you that idea? They promise an interview which means absolutely nothing. Plus last time I checked Skywest doesn't hire many low timers and Comair is not hiring at all so where are these dca graduates going? They just started a partnership with Eagle that's how desperate they are. There is a reason why every major academy has partnership with Eagle, I don't think you would want to find out the reason.

If anything DCA is too expensive for the value. You have to pay like 100 bucks for an hour with a 152??? +instructor. The total comes out to be like 60k and that's just for your ratings, then you have to instruct. I hear that since they have an obligation to the students to offer CFI positions, when there aren't CFI spots avialable for students they basically furlough the students untill there is a spot open for them, and it could take months and some times a year untill a spot opens up. My advice would be to go through your local FBO.

Last edited by BURflyer; 05-19-2006 at 12:40 PM.