View Single Post
Old 05-24-2022, 07:23 AM
rickair7777
Prime Minister/Moderator

Joined APC: Jan 2006
Position: Engines Turn Or People Swim

Originally Posted by Pilotforhire View Post
I drove for training at my current company and my car was broken into. They stole the logbook and some other things. I shouldn’t have left it in the car obviously, but hard lesson learned
I know two guys this happened to. One lost ALL of his certs, passport, etc during legacy new-hire training. Fun times.

1. Keep copies of all logbook pages with CFI sigs and endorsements (don't strictly need to do that for pages that you can rebuild from your e-logbook without other people's signatures).
2. Don't ever let the logbook out of your sight unless it's in a fireproof safe. Worst case I guess you could keep it in a hotel safe.
3. You don't need your logbook for airline training, so leave it at home, in your fireproof safe (you can get one at home depot, and bolt it to your floor).

Leaving it in your car is guaranteed to get it stolen. If they see a flight bag, they assume something valuable like a latop. If they see the logbook itself they assume it's an accountants book, full of bank accounts, checks, etc.