View Single Post
Old 06-09-2022, 05:26 AM
StillHope
Line Holder

Joined APC: Mar 2016
Position: Aerial Survey

Originally Posted by OnTheMeridian View Post
I'm very curious because there's a story here that might be interesting to hear. How was your logbook stolen? Was it in a suitcase that got taken? In a car that was stolen?

Not making any insinuations. Just genuinely curious. You don't often hear about a logbook being stolen. It's not a typical target for thieves (unless the pages are real gold!).
What was up with that?
It definitely happens. I had my flight bag stolen from a hotel a year ago. At the time, I was basically living out of hotels on my 12 days off a month because of the 16 day rotations a month I was doing. Thankfully, the bag only had my first logbook (only had my first 300-400 hours in it). I was carrying it around because I was in the process of transferring all the time over to ForeFlight e-logbook. Unfortunately, they got my Bose headset, passport, pilot certs, medical, company iPad, personal iPad, personal MacBook, jewelry, cash and many other things. Police report filed and not a peep since on any of it.

Similar to the OP, I was wondering if not having my first logbook that had my first 300-400 hours was going to be an issue? I have over 3100 TT now with well over the minimums documented in the remaining logbook.

Lesson learned. I have cloud and local backups of scanned copies of my remaining logbook as well as had it all transferred into ForeFlight.