View Single Post
Old 06-13-2022, 05:36 PM
notthesame
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2019

Originally Posted by mcfadden View Post
I just asked why you didn't bother to read or understand what was being said before interjecting and being critical. Never said you couldn't or shouldn't.

I've seen your debate strategy before: lose debate, call other person troll. Brilliant.

So it seems you admit that it's not "almost impossible". You've just never seen an LCA with less than 2 years at a company. I've seen many.

Is that really how your mind works? 'I've never seen one, therefore it must be almost impossible'.
You don't live in the real world. "Almost Impossible" means quite literally that it is almost impossible but not totally impossible. I didn't debate with you *at all* about *anything*. Perhaps you should look at the username you're arguing with. But if you'd like to look at the numbers, I'm here for you:

Pilots on the seniority list: 2411
Captains (roughly 50%): 1206

You don't think that at *least* 1000 of those Captains are at this very moment trying to figure out how they can be an LCA? Yet you think some street hire FO (AFAIK Envoy isn't hiring street captains) is going to make it through new hire training, OE, bid for captain, get captain, go through upgrade training, get through captain OE and then IMMEDIATELY be awarded an LCA position over the 1000 Captains who've a) been there longer b) had a 6 month head start? Lets not forget all the sim center captains who all of the sudden now want to be out doing OE trips.

I'd call that "Almost Impossible".

Troll.