View Single Post
Old 06-25-2022, 04:12 AM
Nickanicus
New Hire

Joined APC: Aug 2012

Originally Posted by rickair7777 View Post
In the current climate I would plan to make only one more move, to the major that's a good career destination for you.
Wondering how this checks out with a potential recession on the horizon as a reserve baby at an AA WO regional. Looks like the cash for the next 2 years is better where I'm at, and I could probably upgrade in about 1 year. I'm also flying more now that I'm off reserve, but definitely nowhere near far enough from the bottom of the list to avoid furlough if **** hits the fan.

I feel like I could cut bait and swap to a ULCC, get a new type, fly to less ****ty places, and not really have any sunk cost on my current seniority. I could continue living where I do and driving to work, so thats no factor. Cons are more training, back to reserve life, back to the bottom of a new list and losing out on that WO money for the next 2 years.

My instinct tells me to sit tight since life is pretty good and spend my spare time efforts on major applications. I'll upgrade on my reserve airframe in FY23, so I'll be getting heavy TPIC somehow in the next 6-19 months. I'd rather only make 1 more move, but as an enterprising reservist... I don't like missing out on good deals.

Last edited by Nickanicus; 06-25-2022 at 04:22 AM.