View Single Post
Old 03-20-2008, 08:24 PM
atpwannabe
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2006
Position: Student Pilot

Originally Posted by rickair7777 View Post
Look on the bright side...this is a lot better than 7 years ago when 20% of the industry was out on their butts.

Like the Budweiser commercial...TRUE!!!

B/c I for one, if given the opportunity to get to the Majors, would want to fly domestic even though the lure will be to go international. The more that go that way, the better...we'll just have to wait and see. However, flying domestic is just my preference. I can remember back in a Cargo thread where I asked the question of FDX guys if an FO can make 130K flying pretty much 8am-8pm, M-TH? Their response was Yes!! Guys do it every day. Whether pax or cargo...it doesn't matter. If I had my preference...pax all the way.

But you know rick, gas/oil prices aren't coming down; and airlines will return to TBP a/c. That's the route I'm taking. No matter come what may, I firmly believe that turboprop-jet a/c will make a comeback in a very strong way; and I for one am willing to and will position myself to be in the hunt and then move on to the RJ's or higher. At least.........that's the plan.

atp

Last edited by atpwannabe; 03-20-2008 at 08:49 PM.