Old 03-20-2008, 10:38 PM
skypine27
Proponent of Hysteria

Joined APC: Jun 2007
Position: "Part of the problem." : JL
Default FDX: Is the Union fighting this (FDA 10K Problem)

This just in from an HKG pilot who tried to get the 10K "Deposit Assistance":

Apparently, it is mandantory to use Proway's people (ie, the FedEx housing vendor in HKG) to obtain the 10 K deposit assistance.

So God forbid you took some intiative and found an apartment on your own, and/or simply chose to use a different rental agency. Well, I guess you don't get the 10K Deposit Assistance. SOL.

This is not written anywhere in the LOA. Well, of course neither is the 10K deposit assistance. But in any event, I don't recall reading anywhere in the LOA Improvement FCIFs that an FDA pilot was required to let FedEx find his apartment to get the 10K deposit assitance. Does anyone else remember reading this? What's next? "We don't like the location you've chosen to live in, so we've decided not to give you the 2700 a month either."

This just came up yesterday, so the Union may be fighting it as we speak (I certainly hope so). I just wanted to make everyone aware of the issue.

PS. IeSpell is not installed on this computer, and I depend on it heavily as I can't spell for s h i t.