View Single Post
Old 07-01-2022, 10:27 AM
TSA796
Line Holder

Joined APC: Aug 2020
Default Not even close

Just looked at PSA web sight to see their pay levels. I was was shocked to see their flight attendants are being paid $2.00 per diem. Go Jet pilots are $1.90 as of today. The entire Go Jet pay scale will have to be bumped just to get the pilots above FA levels. PSA pilots are making $90.00 first year FO pay. I don't see Hulas paying his FO's and Cpt a PSA wage. As long as anyone accepting employment at GJ understands who they are working for they can use it as a leg to a company who will at least show some interest in the employees. You have to understand they cut the throats of TSA pilots when they did the end run around the TSA labor agreement and started up GJ. They just were to cheap to pay TSA pilots an industry average (NOT INDUSYRY LEADING) wage to fly 70 seat jets. So they blantently disreguarded the agreement that they had signed to not start another airline. By using the holdings stipulation in the GJ airline they were able to get a judge to say that the TSA labor agreement did not apply to GJ. The agreement with TSA was quite specific and management signed it knowing exactly what it meant. So the same team that is there today (same owner) took a criminal route to screw the TSA pilots and did not blink an eye. This is who you are working for at GJ, technically a scab airline who just does as they please with no reguard for employees past or present. If none of that has any concern for you they might be a good fit for a short stay. Just know you will have the association with a scab airline forever and there are many pilots in the industry today who know exactly what transpired with GJ. Now this does not mean you will not be able to move on to a better company just because you worked for a scab airline. It seems with the shortage of today nothing that they did is a negative going forward. Having said that I am certain there are pilots in interview or hiring positions who will never forget the GJ crime and might not look favoribly upon someone who worked for GJ. That is just a dice roll. For many years mainline pilots had GJ lists of pilots and if you tried to JS they found a way to send you away. The concept of a scab airline is dirty business. Today the whole GJ image is portrayed as rainbows and unicorns. They have managed to use time as an effective tool to bury their crimes and most people at GJ today probably are not even aware of this criminal managnent now running GJ. I have to give them some credit for being clever criminals and today they appear to be removed from their past at least to some degree. My thoughts on GJ today are there so many choices out there to work for an airline without associating with a scab airline I don't know why one would stain there karma but that is just me. Today it would appear GJ has hit a point of not competing with the WO regionals and they will be forced out just from a pure numbers perspective. GJ had a pretty good run but I guess there past is catching up to them and they will die a quick death this year. There is no place in any industry for criminal management and airlines are no different.