View Single Post
Old 07-09-2022, 05:31 AM
fastneat
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2019

Originally Posted by Jdub2 View Post
no idea why you brought up checkrides. You remind me of my friends at the regionals, choosing to make $150/hr as an FO and $400 as a LCA. I’m glad you’re happy, really, but there’s a reason so many of your compatriots are moving on and an opportunity cost to staying.

good luck

Now we're having a conversation. Thank you.

And yes, this place is an acquired taste, for sure. It works for some, it doesn't work for others. I was simply rebutting the insinuation that it sucks for everyone, when it doesn't. A lot of us are here because we want to participate in a start up and are willing to take the hits, because ANY start up business has challenges. For those of us who can afford to be here because our hourly pay does not define us, we are the ones who remain. 8 out of 9 of my classmates are part of that group. For the others who have left, I wish them nothing but the best.

My only point here is that people know that

1. many of us are happy here, and
2. hourly pay does not define happiness

For those who define their success in aviation by how much they make, awesome! I'm glad they have found places that pay them more. More power to them. But please stop issuing that same definition to those of us who are happy here at Breeze.