View Single Post
Old 03-21-2008, 07:20 PM
kansas
Swearing at the FMA

Joined APC: Jun 2006
Position: MD-88 FO

Originally Posted by atpwannabe View Post
But you know rick, gas/oil prices aren't coming down; and airlines will return to TBP a/c. That's the route I'm taking. No matter come what may, I firmly believe that turboprop-jet a/c will make a comeback in a very strong way; and I for one am willing to and will position myself to be in the hunt and then move on to the RJ's or higher. At least.........that's the plan.
Just so you know, you might "move on" to the RJ's from a quick turbine PIC turboprop job, but you aren't "moving up" in that case.

Originally Posted by mcartier713 View Post
always full of positive feedback haha... i know i should have hopped on with great lakes when i had the chance. lol.

anyone know anything about planesense (alpha flying)?
Great Lakes is still hiring...as fast as they can. There's no reason to go off and build single engine time when that multi turbine PIC is still available, IMHO.

Originally Posted by SkyHigh View Post
Aviation is a cycle. Just last month guys here were claiming that they were planning to enjoy being a CFI and not just jump into a regional. I warned them that like the flip of a switch all the low timer hiring could dry up overnight.

Six months from now regionals could be hemorrhaging pilots out onto the street by the thousands and then no one with less than 3000 hours and previous 121 experience will see an interview room for most of a decade.

When I got hired at a regional I was the low time guy with 3800 hours. Those days will come back.

SkyHigh
SkyHigh, thanks for your perspective. For those that have chosen to ignore SkyHigh, you aren't even reading his posts carefully. Note that he says "such and such COULD happen..." because it HAS HAPPPENED...to him! Such days of 3800 hour low-timers very well may be on the horizon. The question is, are you prepared to deal with it, gang?

What I'm trying to say is that while SkyHigh is usually (maybe even always?) negative, you should listen and weigh what he has to say carefully. Even though I don't agree with him most of the time, he has been around more than a lot of us have in this business.