View Single Post
Old 03-21-2008, 08:31 PM
HoboPilot
Asphalt Cowboy

Joined APC: Dec 2006
Position: Shotty!!

Originally Posted by kansas View Post
While this would make it easier on us guys, remember that it's not the woman's job to make the advances. Women expect/deserve to be pursued, and if it means that you crash and burn a few times, so be it.

I know for a fact that the woman that I'm dating wasn't overly interested in me on more than a "friends" level until I began pursuing her. Why? Because women are more "emotionally" geared. When you first meet them, you probably aren't going to get any clear signals that they are "into" you, because they need more information about your personality before they feel that way. A woman worth having is worth working for.
Kansas, your words bring much comfort to me. I am one of many clueless guys and I'm really hoping that my situation with this girl that I'm pursuing turns out to be like yours. I cooked the woman an Asian stir fry she thought was amazing, and then watched half of the first season of Gray's Anatomy with her tonight, only to find out I'm in the friends zone. I hate the friends zone. It feels like an indefinite hold over the LOM in icing conditions while you're waiting for weather conditions to improve. I'm really really close to where I want to be, but if I don't get the clearance to go, I'm gonna either crash and burn or have to realize after a while I have to divert somewhere else.

Sorry for venting. Anyways glad to hear you escaped the friends zone Kansas.

Chalk me up as one more clueless guy in the world. I'm trying my hardest not to be, unfortunately I think that's just the best I can do.