Thread: DL Hiring: New Process

FenderGL , 07-12-2022 09:32 AM
New Hire
FenderGL
New Hire
close
  • Joined APC
    Jul 2022
Quote: Does anybody know if you are able to control the speed on the real assesment (or the preps) on the complex control (missile test) part? Im practicing on airlineassesmentprep.com and some objects rotate extremely fast And I dont see any instructoons on how to control the speed. Ive done similar tests before where speed was controllable. Thanks!

You can speed up with the D key and slow down with F. As you keep going it will keep speeding up until it hits a max speed value of 100.

I found this online thing that I will link to below to be more accurate than the cut-e prep one. It is more representative as far as look, shapes and how fast shapes move (even so the real one still usually has the shapes going slower (so easier) than this one. The main differences are that this one is level based and just seemingly keeps speeding up further and further and you can not adjust the speed. Additionally the control is different. In the real one you have to drag around your position with a control thing at the bottom, for this one you just move your mouse around. Nevertheless I thought it was good practice. I would say reaching level 6 to 9 is probably representative of where you get to with the real test at about speed 70-100

https://missile-game.bwhmather.com/

Another thing to keep in mind for the real one is that if you are making rapid movements, the visual is slightly delayed in my opinion. What counts is where you put the dot on the control circle, not what it looks like. I had a crash because I moved the mouse rapidly to go through a circle obstacle where visually I looked to be in great position but at the bottom I had moved the dot over to far. Hope that makes sense.

Also don't forget you can run the real test's intro/practice as often as you want to get a feel for it.