View Single Post
Old 03-22-2008, 01:22 PM
wolf
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2006
Position: Bus Driver

Originally Posted by TheProfessionalPilot View Post
Hey for over an hour I got wacked in the back of the head by a fdx guy who thought it was funny.... See, I didn't say anything, because the captain told him to do it and that "he likes it".... so I got hit across the head from DFW to MEM... what a ride, while flying the appropriate departure too. Don't worry man, others HAVE had worse.

Also had the owner at my last job tell me "you dont know what the ******* you're talking about, so shut the ******* up and don't spread rumors" when all I did was ask him about an FAR. 3 stripes, bad, one more stripe, good. That's all I know.

Oh yeah, like others have said, don't assume they are jerks just because of that. And don't be afraid to take a stand, like I didn't do on those two occasions. I don't know, something about being on probation makes me afraid to do much of anything. LoL So yeah, i'm being hypocritical. I wish I didn't feel like I would have been fired, but if I had said anything in either of those situations, what I would have said would have GOTTEN me fired, so keep that in mind IF you decide to take the stand!

Are you serious??? You allowed this to happen? Not only is it totally inappropriate, but it lowers the bar for acceptable behavior. Probationary or not, you should have put an immediate end to this. You should have politely but firmly instructed the JS to immediately desist. If your captain encouraged this behavior and refused to comply with your request that he not allow the JS to engage in this behavior, then you should have contacted professional standards upon landing. Please note, I did not say contact company management. There would be few if any cases where I would contact Pinnacle management knowing their nature. It's the kind of thing you wouldn't wish on your worst enemy... I am referring to our union (PCL ALPA) professional standards committee. They deal with pilot issues and this should certainly be brought to their attention. PM me if you need an email address or phone number. The union Prostans guys are very good and will handle this situation wisely.

Getting back to the subject of the post, if the JS does not say hello to my FO, I'll ask the FA to send him back to the cockpit at which point I make the introduction for him. I'm not rude, I will simply say "I don't think you met the first officer yet"...