View Single Post
Old 07-22-2022, 05:35 PM
HPIC
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2013

Originally Posted by AnythingBoeing View Post
As an early E3 guy this is of concern to me. I don't want our presence here to become a controversial issue in the cockpit. Having spoken to guys going to the roadshow I'm not sure how many are serious about relocating to the US to take up the job. The pool of qualified pilots who will come may not be as deep as the company thinks and will not last forever. As someone who wants to finish my career here I hope that the concerns of the union are addressed.
According to the union crew call, about 350 pilots RSVP’d that they would be at, or are interested in going to, they roadshows Atlas is putting on in Australia. If even half of those pilots are offered and accept a job, the company has no reason at all to offer anything more to the pilots when they have a significant percentage of the pilot group with their work/residency authorization tied to Atlas and without a lot of other companies to go to that will sponsor them.

Of course, this will likely be a short term solution that will bite management in the future when aviation ramps back up to full capacity in Australia and the majority of those pilots go back to their old jobs, or new jobs, in Oz. I’m sure most would rather live/work at home where they’re from and all their friends/family are.

Most of us(I cannot say all unfortunately) are professionals that will treat the Aussies as professional equals and not take it out on them. The disdain for the vast majority of us is aimed straight at Atlas senior management.