View Single Post
Old 03-24-2008, 04:57 AM
ewrbasedpilot
HOSED BY PBS AGAIN

Joined APC: Mar 2005

Originally Posted by trackpilot View Post
hmm i didn't know you had to ask the CA if the gate agent gave you a seat. Also how would he know? If he did find out i would think he'd assume you were just another non rev'r.
Unless they are starting the pushback or have no time, ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS ask for a ride. It's common courtesy, and it's a good thing to let the CA/FO (yes FO included!) know there's another pilot in the back if they or the FA's need any help during the flight. It's a great gesture and one MOST pilots up front appreciate. I always ask the crew if they need me to get them anything before I take a seat in the back (assuming I was assigned one). 50% say they'd like me to get them something to drink and the other say they're fine. But it never hurts to ask and always makes a good impression. Sorry the DAL CA treated you like that, but one thing positive comes from the experience...........YOU learn how to be a better pilot and CA when the time comes. Use your time in the right seat to not only better yourself as a pilot, but as a person too!